Saturday, August 15, 2015

back on stage

here i am last night at the cecil hepworth playhouse in walton on thames, helping brian prepare for a talk he was giving about lewis carroll...


it turns we were in the old movie studio of this guy, cecil hepworth, who was a pioneering british filmmaker who made the first film version of 'alice in wonderland' back in 1903. just think, if i'd only been around 112 years ago, i could have auditioned for the part of the white (or, in my case, brown) rabbit!

1 comment:

Buttons Hippo said...

Coz, you should have asked me to join you - I'm no stranger to public speaking and could tell some amazing stories about the influences of Limpopo life and culture on the work of Lewis Carroll.

But there's still a chance that you could play the famous role in an Alice film. I understand that Disney are making a new version which could provide just the niche for your acting talents. I know Hippolyta was asked to audition ...