Sunday, March 04, 2007

the bunny who wouldn't grow up

i spent an amusing couple of days tagging along with brian while he was helping launch the new dvd release of walt disney's 'peter pan', which was based on the play by j m barrie and which, as you probably know, is all about about pirates and pixies and other fantastical stuff...

we were in a big house in london which was got up to look as if it was the home of the darling family in the story with lots of pictures and knick-knacks everywhere...

i hung around for quite a while hoping i might get a few hints on how to fly but basically ended-up spending a lot of time listening to brian showing off how much he knew about the play and the film and anything else he could think of! pretty boring, really, and i envied the journalists who - unlike me - only had to listen to him for about ten minutes at a time!


luckily i did get to meet two of my very favourite people: the gorgeous kathryn beaumont who was the original voice of wendy in the movie...


...and her adorable fun-to-be-with hubby, allan levine...


i also had a bizarre encounter with captain hook who said he was going to make me walk the plank - of course i played along with his fantasy just to humour him though i was sorely tempted to point out that the 'plank' in question was only painted on a bit of scenery... anyway he eventually decided to pardon me and offered me the job of bosun which, naturally, i politely declined.


rather regrettably, brian engaged in a bit of embarrassing tomfoolery with the captain and his side-kick, mr smee, and (not for the first time in my life) i was forced to pretend that he wasn't with me...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Buttons,

I'm terribly sorry if my recent comments about rabbits - not to mention my flagrant use of the "s" word - upset you. I've just had some bad experiences. I'm sure if I ever meet you, we'll get along just fine.

Qenny

Brian Sibley said...

Buttons accepts your apology... but isn't quite sure that he is ready to meet you yet!

Anonymous said...

Poor Buttons! If you can accept protection from a big (read small) ferocious (read softy) bear, I would willingly look after you!
P.S. I'm getting cuddles again, thanks to you!

Anonymous said...

Brian - I can't seem to comment on your other blog from here ("here" being a mobile phone), but I really like your Likings and Loathings parlour game. May I play?

Brian Sibley said...

BUTTONS says...

of course you can play, anne, and as you asked on my blog (rather than brian's) i'll give you the letter 'b'! :-) have fun...

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Buttons. B is an excellent letter. I love bunnies. Sorry to use your personal blog to get messages to Brian (another wonderful B word).