Monday, April 05, 2010

buttons' birthday bash

yesterday was my birthday - i arrived something-teen years ago with an easter egg - and i celebrated the event in ascot with my cousin, buttons hippo, and that divine diva, hippolyta hippo with whom i have corresponded, but never met. i have to say she's quite a gal...

of course, i had to take brian and david along but they nattered endlessly to hippolyta's people, sheila and roger and stuffed themselves with sunday roast and pretty much left us to our own devices...

Buttons Day Out

buttons hippo played gooseberry a bit too much for h and my liking, but we had fun in the garden hunting for easter eggs and sent buttons h off to look behind the compost heap while we got to know one another better...

Buttons' Egg Hunt

photos by david weeks


3 comments:

Buttons Hippo said...

It was great to see you Chez Moi yesterday and thank you very much for your gift of chocolate eggs! I'm sorry that Hippolyta kept getting in the way when I was trying to tell you the rest of that story about life up the Limpopo. She can get a bit pushy when she's over-excited by too much attention. Today, she kept muttering something about Limpopo boars, but I've never seen any boars in my travels, so I don't know what she's on about. Hope we can see each other again soon - even without chocolate.

SharonM said...

Gosh - I do think romance is on the cards for you, Buttons.

If you and Hippolyta do get hitched, I suppose you'll have to make David & Brian joint Best Men.

Brian Sibley said...

buttons replies...

buttons hippo - it was good to see you and hippolyta last sunday. yes, we must all get together again soon. next time i might bring along my friend, bodge the bear, who i think might enjoy hearing about the limpopo while hippolyta and i double-check for more chocolate eggs behind the compost heap...


sharon m - as i explained to hippolyta, i'm not ready yet to give up my globe-trotting, world celebrity status, but if such a time were to ever come, i'd absolutely insist on your being matron of honour.