Tuesday, February 01, 2011

pet peeve

i'm a bit miffed at the moment: firstly because brian is always so busy i never get a chance to get on the computer and do a bit of blogging; and, to make matters worse, he and david swanned off to oxford last friday and left me behind!

in an attempt to make up for the disappointment of missing out on my annual trip to the groves of academe, they bought me back a 'pet'...

New Pet

his name's 'cheshire' (which is odd enough and even odder when you think he comes from oxford) and he's turned out to be very dull company since in the middle of a conversation he'll suddenly disappear – occasionally (and this is very disturbing) leaving just that cheesy grin behind.

4 comments:

SharonM said...

Knowing what a small - but perfectly formed - rabbit you are, your new pet must be a tiny cat.

I do find his Cheshire cat grin rather sinister, though, and if I were you, I'd keep a close eye on him.

Brian Sibley said...

buttons replies...

tiny but dangerous! i certainly would keep "a close eye on him", sharon, but that's not easy when he's invisible half the time!

Hippolyta said...

You don't know how lucky you are! OK, it's not chocolate, but if you want a dull pet, look no further than our house ...

Maybe a grin on its own is rather disconcerting, but vanishing is good. You-know-who doesn't even have the courtesy to do that in the middle of his boring conversations.

Brian Sibley said...

buttons replies...

i know what you mean h! ;)

thanks, by the way, for the hippo card you sent wishing me a happy chinese new year in the year of me!