Friday, September 14, 2012

a rabbit's reflections

sadly my holiday in the sun ia now well and truly over and I have had to say goodbye not just to the fair isle of kalymnos in greece, but to old, new (and very particular) friends.

what a scrapbook of memories i have brought back to london with me: while brian was busy working on his various creative endeavours (which were, naturally, always accomplished with his eyes closed for the purposes of better concentration) i took long walks on the hills above emborios with roger, sheila and david...


with my cousin, buttons hippo, we visited some old ruins (which prompted bh to make an unnecessarily disparaging comment about hippolyta that led to my having to give him a good talking to about showing courtesy to the fairer sex)...


happily, we were always able to resolve our differences over a a glass or two of ouzo in a shady taverna –– you can't see the ouzo in the photo because (a) like the queen, i avoid being photographed with a drink in my paw and (b) we'd already drunk it...


but, of course, chiefest among my memories will be of the very happy times i spent in the company of one whom i think i may now truthfully describe as my own, dear, hippolyta...




ah, happy days –– and nights!

2 comments:

SharonM said...

Ahhhhh. I hope that both you and your true love are getting framed copies of the photos.

Good to hear that Brian has work, and I think what you don't realise, Buttons, is that thinking time - often with eyes closed - is all part of the writing process. I do hope, though, that it wasn't all work (including thinking time) for him.

Can I tempt you into sharing with your followers whether or not David was dancing again this year?

Hippolyta said...

What fabulous pix - and what a lovely holiday!

The ambience and facilities were not quite as I had been led to expect, but being with my favourite bunny for two weeks made up for any little lapses of taste.

I know that what we have shared together (putting as far to the back of our minds as possible the presence of Your Cousin) will always be a very special memory for me, even when I am topping the bill at Las Vegas and the Hippodrome (I'll send you guest tickets).

So thank you for a fun time and those romantic evenings: here's to the next time!!

(SharonM: Sorry if you've already bought the hat, but some things are just not meant to be)